Are you in the process of building something great with your business?
Do you have intellectual or material property that you are acquiring that you want to preserve for your family even after you’re gone?
As an entrepreneur, you create your own freedom and wealth by pouring your life into your business.
Chances are good you are accruing intellectual and physical property that is important to you as well as to the people that matter to you. And with everything you have worked for you don’t want it falling into the wrong hands should you die earlier than you expect.
None of us know when we’re going to die and none of us really like to think about it. But if you have a family or a desire to leave something to the people who matter that most to you, the responsibility is on you now to make arrangements for how your property and legacy is managed then.
Join fellow entrepreneur and local attorney, Martha Hartney, of Hartney Law, for an estate planning happy hour at the Hub to learn about the choices you need to consider to assure your family and your business thrive even after you’re gone.
Here’s what will be covered:
- What happens to your business if something happens to you
- How to make sure the company can continue, that the business partners have what they need to keep it going and return the sweat equity to the entrepreneur’s loved ones
- How to pass along not only your financial wealth, but also the intangible wealth you’ve accrued to your family
- How to choose guardians for your children and not make any of the six common mistakes parents and lawyers make when naming guardians
- How to put your financial house in order and keep it that way
- How to prevent a court from having to supervise your children’s inheritance and then handing them your wealth at 18!
- Confirm you are making smart financial choices about saving for college; keeping your money safe; and buying life insurance
- Ensure your kids and spouse are taken care of…no matter what
- Learn the secrets to protecting your kids’ assets from lawsuits and divorce
By the end of the workshop, you will have a clear plan of action to ensure your business is protected and your children are always raised by the people you want, in the way you want, even if you cannot be there.
The entrepreneurial mindset is the greatest wealth you have to give your family. Our unique estate planning process harvests the lessons you’ve learned so your kids can go farther even if you’re not there to support them.
Register on Eventbrite (This will take you to an external page)
Martha has been practicing estate planning in Colorado for over thirteen years—Consistently and joyfully connecting parents to a deeper essence of estate planning that transforms a traditionally austere process into one of liberation and bonding. The firm’s mission to educate and empower families has touched hundreds of parents. The firm gained attention as Best of [...]Read More