Hiring – Marketing Coordinator
Join our Marketing Team
If you’re a detailed-driven, creative adult who loves working with interesting people, take a closer look!
Our law firm changes people. We help parents and entrepreneurs who want to do their best in the world and rise to their full potential. Our work helps parents become better parents and business owners become better business owners. (I know, it sounds weird, but it’s true!)
- You have excellent written communication skills and can translate marketing ideas into a package that a designer can work from.
- You learn quickly, are a self-starter, want to grow, can self-manage and don’t need a lot of hand-holding.
- You can make basic changes to existing designed materials (working with Adobe Creative Suite).
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions to get the job done.
- You want to help our company grow by supporting excellent marketing and by being on the front line representing Hartney Law in the community.
- You love technology, and love being behind the computer all day where the action is. (We use several technology platforms including Gmail, Google Calendar, Excel, Word, Infusionsoft, InstantTeleseminar, WordPress, GoToWebinar, Basecamp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Skype.)
- Experience communicating with professionals in a professional, yet warm and inviting, even loving tone is key.
Our innovative law firm offers estate and business planning services that empower and inspire people to be the best they can be. Our firm is growing like crazy and we need someone to help us manage our wonderful growth. If that’s you, your daily and weekly responsibilities will include:
- Support our Client Services Director and Outreach Coordinator. That’s really Job #1. If you can do that, you’re a keeper. We’ll provide you with the tools, training and teammates to support you, but we can’t train for this, so if you don’t have it, this isn’t a fit.
- Support the creation of marketing materials (flyers, magazine ads, etc.). You must have excellent written communication skills and an eye for design. Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is helpful. You will be responsible for upholding our graphic standards.
- Support the Client Services Director by sending client communications (bi-weekly newsletter, special offers, etc.). Again, excellent written communication and attention to detail is key.
- Support the Outreach Coordinator with finding networking and media opportunities for our attorneys and represent Hartney Law at community events (Family Harvest Festival, Tagalong Tots, YS SuperKids, etc.). May include advertising our talks in person at our speaking venues. Also includes helping with client appreciation events.
- Work with other team members to complete projects that touch your role or department. Bring your unique skills, talents and personality to a project that makes a big impact, even if it’s not technically your role.
- And, most importantly, make sure our clients feel the love. Clients may feel anxiety and fear around working with a lawyer and the subject matter. One of our guiding principles is to help our clients and prospects relax, so if you can do this, you’ll be with us a long time.
General Staff Requirements: Everyone on the team is on the hook for this…
- Maintain documentation in accordance with company standards
- Update and create checklists for Standard Operating Procedures as your work evolves
- Attend regular individual development, departmental and other team meetings as requested
The Marketing Coordinator position is a flexible, remote position, requiring some work in the community. This job is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week. You will begin with a 90 day trial period. Compensation is commensurate with experience and potential contribution.
We offer meaningful work that feeds the growth of our community by supporting parents to become the best they can be. You will have a great deal of autonomy and input into making our services and systems ever more meaningful, transformative, and enlivening.
Fill out our survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C8G35TH
When you are finished with the survey, please email a confirmation that you completed the survey and your resume to email@example.com. If you have examples of graphic design work, please include them in this email (not required but we would like to see something that shows you have an eye for design). Write your last name spelled backwards in the subject line.
We will notify you by email if you are invited to the second phase or if the position is filled.
We’re very serious about wanting a long-term partnership with you, and are willing to put in the time up front to ensure we aren’t repeating the process any time soon.
Have a wonderful day!
The Hartney Law Team