Hiring – Marketing Director
Join our Marketing Team
If you’re a detailed-driven, creative adult who loves working with interesting people, take a closer look!
Our law firm changes people. We help parents and entrepreneurs who want to do their best in the world and rise to their full potential. Our work helps parents become better parents and business owners become better parents. (I know, it sounds weird, but it’s true!)
- If you can develop nimble marketing plans, hypothesize results, test, learn, and change gears quickly, this may be the place for you.
- You learn quickly, are a self-starter, want to grow, can self-manage and don’t need (or want) a lot of hand-holding.
- You want to master your marketing skills.
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions to get the job done.
- You want to help our company grow by supporting excellent communication and by being on the front line representing Hartney Law in the community.
- You love technology, and love being behind the computer all day where the action is. (We use several technology platforms including Gmail, Google Calendar, Excel, Word, Infusionsoft, InstantTeleseminar, WordPress, GoToWebinar, Wordstream, ClientStream, Google Adwords and Analytics, PPC advertising, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Skype.)
- Experience communicating with other professionals in a professional, yet warm and inviting, even loving tone is key.
Our innovative law firm offers estate planning services that empower and inspire people to be the best they can be. Our firm is growing like crazy and we need someone to help us manage our wonderful growth. If that’s you, your daily and weekly responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and manage the firm’s marketing plan, calendar, and tactics. Our marketing must be measured for effectiveness. You will work with the firm owner and other team members to continually develop, test, refine and retest our marketing techniques.
- Primary responsibility for developing marketing materials (PPC ads, flyers, magazine ads, etc.). You must have excellent written communication skills and an eye for design. Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is helpful. You will be responsible for upholding our graphic standards.
- Oversee and manage publication of our bi-weekly newsletter. Again, excellent written communication and attention to detail is key.
- Find speaking, networking and other media opportunities for the firm. We speak in the community often about the importance and details of good planning. This is the foundation of our marketing approach–educating the public about what they need to know. You will help find, book, organize, and publicize these events and may attend from time to time.
- Work with other team members to complete projects that touch your role or department. Bring your unique skills, talents and personality to a project that makes a big impact, even if it’s not technically your role.
General Staff Requirements: Everyone on the team is on the hook for this…
- Maintain documentation in accordance with company standards
- Update and create checklists for Standard Operating Procedures as your work evolves
- Attend regular individual development, departmental and other team meetings as requested
- Report on marketing metrics so that the firm’s marketing effectiveness can be continually improved
The Marketing Director position is a flexible, remote position, requiring some work in the community. This job is full-time, approximately 35-40 hours per week. You will begin with a 90 day trial period. Compensation is commensurate with experience and potential contribution.
We offer meaningful work that feeds the growth of our community by supporting parents to become the best they can be. You will have a great deal of autonomy and input into making our services and systems ever more meaningful, transformative, and enlivening.
Fill out our survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/29WNRL7
When you are finished with the survey, please email a confirmation that you completed the survey and your resume to email@example.com. If you have examples of graphic design work, please include them in this email (not required but we would like to see something that shows you have an eye for design). Write your last name spelled backwards in the subject line.
We will notify you by email if you are invited to the second phase or if the position is filled.
We’re very serious about wanting a long-term partnership with you, and are willing to put in the time up front to ensure we aren’t repeating the process any time soon.
Have a wonderful day!
The Hartney Law Team